Enjoy outdoor activities all year long!
Go hiking, trail runnning, mountain and road biking, horse-riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, golfing, kayaking, and more. Explore local trail networks, take your road bike out for a spin on Pleasant Valley Road, or earn-your-turns on the famous Teardrop backcountry ski trail. The ski resorts of Smugglers Notch, Stowe, Bolton, and Sugarbush are 20 to 50 minutes away.
Dining and drinking
We love to cook and exercise so we can dine and drink!!! When you book a room, we will send you a list of our favorite restaurants, bars, distilleries, breweries, and cideries. We are always exploring new places and updating our list. We know the local scene. We also know Burlington and Winooski well (we lived in downtown Burlington for several years).
A few of our favorite local excursions
1. Visit the local arts & crafts studios, the local breweries & distilleries, and the popular jazz and balloon festivals.
2. Have a wine and cheese tasting.
3. Check out some of the Vermont museums and antique stores.
4. Go to the famous Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream factory and the gorgeous barns at Shelburne Farms.
5. Visit Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, the University of Vermont, Saint Michaels College, and the New England Culinary Institute—all within a short driving distance.
6. Stroll through the Burlington Farmers Market and so many more this area offers.
7. Check out the sugarhouses and go home with some fantastic local Maple Syrup.
8. Visit wonderful wedding venues just minutes away, including the Mansfield Barn in Jericho and the Squabetty in Underhill.
9. Shop the many boutiques or dine the various restaurants of Burlington, Stowe, Jeffersonville, Jericho, and Richmond.
10. ...Or simply relax painting, reading, & enjoying the scenery from our gardens or your private patio!